Jalapenos are stuffed with cream cheese, wrapped with bacon, and barbecued on the grill. After making these many times, I can tell you that you really need to make them ahead of time and put them in the refrigerator for a couple of hours or the freezer for about 15 minutes. This will allow the cheese to firm up a bit and it won't all leak out of your peppers. I also have found that if you want them hot, leave all of the membrane inside and some seeds. If you want them barely warm(like me), get almost all of the membrane out from inside the pepper and leave no seeds.
Grilled Bacon Jalapeno Wraps
makes 6 servings
- 6 fresh jalapeno peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 12 slices bacon
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat.
- Spread cream cheese to fill jalapeno halves. Wrap with bacon. Secure with a toothpick.
- Place on the grill, and cook until bacon is crispy