These fries ROCK plain and simple. Funny how one would still call them "fries" when really they are not "fried" in anything. Nope, these fries are too sophisticated for greasy oil, and much like a skinny swim suit model they prefer to be lightly oiled, slightly accentuated by a few minor spices and baked lying on a cookie sheet basking in the golden glow of the oven, BUT the one thing that sets these fries apart from the skinny swim suit model is that you can actually LOVE them instead of secretly hating them :)
Oven Baked Parmesan Seasoned Fries
- 1 pound of medium russet potatoes (approx 3 medium potatoes)
- 1 1/2 TBSP of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 tsp Dried Thyme
- 1/4 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1/8 tsp Dried Rosemary
- 1/4 tsp of Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp of Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 TBSP of Kraft Parmesan Style Grated Cheese (I used reduced fat)
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Wash and cut potatoes into 1/8ths.
- Place on a cookie sheet that has been lined with foil (I used Reynolds Release foil so that they will not stick, but you could also either use non-stick cooking spray or lightly grease the top of the foil with extra virgin olive oil).
- Mix all of the spices and the parmesan cheese in a small bowl.
- Place all of the potatoes (remember we are talking about one pound at a time) into a gallon size freezer bag, add olive oil and the parmesan cheese/spice mixture to the bag.
- Seal the bag and shake until the potatoes are evenly coated.
- Once thoroughly coated dump onto the prepared cookie sheet and spread in a single layer.
- Bake 30-45 minutes or until tender and lightly golden brown. (Baking times will vary depending on the amount of fries that you make and the size that you cut them). For the ones shown in the picture they were baked at 425 for 45 minutes.
NOTE: The amounts listed are for every one pound of fries. One pound of fries is the equivelant of appoximately 3 medium potatoes. (I just double or triple the recipe to fit within my needs).