I think chicken is the healthiest lean protein to eat (aside from fish �) and one of the cheapest to get all natural, free range, or organic. So let�s pass up the ground chuck for some beautiful, pink, glistening chicken breasts; and, you know cook �em up in a tasty way.
This is where I run into problems. I�m so bored with my chicken recipes and I�m always on the hunt for new ones that don�t take a lot of time or fancy ingredients.
Here�s one that�s great. All the ingredients you probably already have, and it takes no time at all and barely any effort. Crack open a Corona with these.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
1. In a small bowl, mix together salt, black pepper, cayenne, paprika, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, onion powder, thyme and parsley. Sprinkle spice mixture generously on both sides of chicken breasts.
2. Heat butter and olive oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Saute chicken until golden brown, about 6 minutes on each side. Sprinkle with 2 teaspoons garlic powder and lime juice. Cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently to coat evenly with sauce.