This baked potato casserole makes a perfect side dish to bring to large family potlucks, picnics, and celebrations
Baked Potato Casserole
makes 45 servings
- 10 pounds red potatoes
- 2 pounds bacon
- 8 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 4 cups processed cheese sauce
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- Place potatoes into a large pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain, cool, and cut into cubes.
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain bacon slices on paper towels; crumble.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (160 degrees C). Lightly grease an 8-quart baking dish.
- Combine potatoes and bacon in a large bowl. Mix Cheddar cheese, cheese sauce, sour cream, mayonnaise, onions, chives, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Stir cheese mixture into potatoes; transfer to baking dish and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in preheated for 50 minutes; remove foil and continue baking until cheese is bubbly and lightly browned, about 10 minutes.