There is no denying it. This is truly the Ultimate Grilled Cheese Sandwich. It disappeared so fast in my kitchen, it barely even had time to cool!
Ultimate Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- � cup mayonnaise
- 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (4-ounce) cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (4-ounce) cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- � teaspoon garlic powder
- 10 slices sourdough bread
- 4 tablespoon (� stick) butter, softened
In a medium bowl with an electric mixer, beat mayonnaise and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Stir in Cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese, and garlic powder; mix well.
Spread each of five bread slices evenly with cheese mixture. Top with remaining bread slices. Spread butter on both sides of the sandwiches.
In a skillet over medium heat, cook in batches until golden on both sides and the cheese is melted.