A beautiful cake for the strawberry lover. Easy to make with packaged gelatin and white cake mix. Fresh strawberries can be used when they are in season
makes 1 - 3 layer 9 inch cake
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry flavored Jell-O�
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package white cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen strawberries, thawed
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour three 9 inch round cake pans.
- In a large bowl, dissolve the gelatin in cold water; stir in the cake mix, eggs, vegetable oil, flour and 1/2 of the strawberries. Beat for 5 minutes on the medium speed of an electric mixer. Divide the batter evenly between the prepared cake pans.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the layers spring back when lightly pressed in the center. Cool cakes in the pans on wire racks.
- To Make Frosting: Cream the butter, sugar and the remaining half of the strawberries in a medium bowl until light and fluffy, adding additional confectioners' sugar if needed for a spreadable consistency. Spread the frosting between layers and over the top and sides of cake.