Excellent recipe! I especially like these extra-thin and crispy. The recipe is just as delighful with yams in place of potatoes!
Yield: 14 latkes
- 2 lbs potatoes (shredded or grated)
- 1 onion (shredded or grated)
- 2 eggs
- salt, pepper
- 1/4 cup matzo meal or 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 425�F.
- Drain excess liquid from potatoes. Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Spray two baking sheets.
- Add latke mixture by 1/4 cup; flatten.
- Bake 15 minutes; turn latkes; and bake 10 minutes longer.
- Serve with applesauce or sour cream.