I was craving Cheesecake as I often do, and I was looking at all the cheesecake recipes on Pinterest. I finally decided to give into my craving, which I have not done since I was pregnant!! I was debating between the cupcake looking cheesecakes and this recipe, but chocolate usually wins ;-)
It was a fairly easy recipe to follow. Although the measurments are a little odd for us Canadians. We don't deal with ounces, all our products are listed in grams. I do have a handy app on my iPhone that does conversions if needed, and its FREE!!
This is my cake, you can see the crumbly crust, its not quite as pretty as the original, but it was DELICIOUS, and I will definitely make it again!
- 9 oz. chocolate wafer cookies ( chocolate animal crackers)
- 1/4 c. margarine (melted)
- 2 (8oz.) packages of Philadelphia Cream Cheese (softened)
- 1/2c. sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 c. Nestle Dark Chocolate Morsels (melted)
- 1 c. heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp. margarine (melted)
- 3 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2c. heavy whipping cream (divided)
- 1/2c. white chocolate chips
- 1/2c. milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Crush cookies into fine crumbs and add melted margarine. Combine well and press into the bottom of a 9-Inch Springform Pan
- Beat softened cream cheese with sugar until smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating in between each one.
- Add remaining cheesecake ingredients, beating until smooth.
- Pour into crust and allow to sit at room temp for 30 minutes.
- Place on a cookie sheet and bake for 60 minutes,
- Turn off oven, open oven door a little and allow to sit for another 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and run knife around edge of pan. Remove edge of pan.
- Allow cheesecake to cool to room temperature before adding toppings.
- Put 1/4 cup of whipping cream into small saucepan and heat just until bubbling at edges. Turn heat off, add white chocolate chips, cover and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, stir until smooth.
- Repeat this process in another saucepan with the milk chocolate chips.
- Pour white chocolate over cheesecake and then drizzle with milk chocolate until entire cheesecake is covered.
- Chill overnight before serving.